Theme: A Journey Toward Home: Hope, resiliency and trust.
To register, you can email Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 204-896-1616. Please leave a message on Rick’s voicemail if he’s not available.
From speaker, Heather Campbell-Enns:
In this session, we will explore what it means to be resilient. While aging is accompanied by happiness, it also holds unique physical, emotional, social, and spiritual stresses or losses. These positive and negative experiences will be acknowledged, and we will look at what can help elderly persons facing adversities. We will discuss useful resources to support resiliency, including religion and spirituality, and how we can help each other find our way to these resources when needed. The roles of aging adults in the church will be highlighted.
- 9:00 – 9:25 a.m.GATHERING
- 9:30 a.m. WORSHIP: “How Lovely is Your Dwelling Place” (part 1) Leaders: Rick Neufeld / Paul Dueck
- 10:00 a.m. Presentation: Heather Campbell-Enns
- 10:45 a.m. Personal Stories / Reflections of Ministry Resiliency Bob Pauls
- 11:15 a.m. Camp Tour / Visiting / singing
- 12:00 LUNCH
- 12:45 p.m. “How Lovely is our Journey” (part 2)
- 1:30 p.m. “A Prayer of Blessing for the Journey Ahead”
- 1:40 p.m. Games / Visiting / snacks
- 3:00 p.m. DEPARTURE